Thursday, July 31, 2008

His Bounty is Good

Today has been really busy and it is early afternoon. I started off by walking one of our dogs which is a St. Bernard who is only 6 months old and weighs over 50 lbs. Anyway, I am trying to get a handle on him before he gets too big so I am trying to train him now. I have bought a new harness for him which is called the Gentle Leader and is supposed to help stop jumping up (which he does a lot), stop pulling, stop lunging toward other dogs, help him to learn to sit and lay down. I will let you know if it works.

After this it was off to picking peas out of the garden before it got too hot and then to shelling them. For something that my husband didn't think would make very much, God has proved us wrong. They have taken off and boy are we blessed! We have finished picking our green beans, I think that we will have enough to make it through the winter :0), since we have about 29 quarts put up.

You know this is the year where our garden was put in late, only 1 squash plant came up, and we didn't think that we were going to get that much out of the garden due to it being very hot and dry, but God surprised us once again with His power. But isn't that how God is; always keeping you on your toes? I think sometimes He does it just so we can't say we are bored and sometimes I think He just loves to watch our reaction and have a good laugh at us. He is such an amazing God! Not only has He provided us with enough to last all winter (and then some), but he has some how given my husband and I the time to pick it and put it up. He has also blessed us with a wonderful neighbor who has helped me shell peas on more than one occasion; love you Cookie. He tells us that all we have to do is ask and it shall be given (paraphrasing) and that is just what we did. We asked and He provided, not just enough to make it through the winter, but enough to allow our parents enjoy the bounty also. That's my God!!! He doesn't just provide, but he over provides. So thank you Lord for this wonderful bounty that you have given us to share with others, especially when prices are going through the roof and things don't seem to look so good. You are always there being gracious at exactly your precise time, which as you know happens to be perfect.

Psalm 65:11 You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Jennifer!
I found you through JoAnna's blog and saw that I am on your blogroll! I don't think I have ever seen your blog. And if I have and forgotten, forgive me. I hope to have time later to get to know you and read some here.
Nice to meet you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Can I have green beans for Christmas? Love, Sherry