Monday, July 14, 2008

2nd Week of Swimming Lessons Mon. and Tues.





Well here we are into the second week of swimming lessons. Let me start off saying that Morgan and Joseph are doing much better except for a few fears that still linger. We are steadily praying against those fears. Joseph still does not want to put his face in the water, but we are now blowing bubbles and laughing about it, which is a great improvement for him. Today he even started putting his nose in the water, thank you God for this progress. Morgan's fear is sliding down the slide. She will go under the water but says the slide is too tall. In the picture I hope you can see the fear on her face. I felt so bad for her and I think her swimming instructor did too. So to both my kids I am having to remind them of Psalm 23:4 (NLT) "I will not be afraid for you are close beside me". Morgan has this memorized she just needs a reminder every now and then, Joseph is learning this (I hope).


Also, Sun. night we had a bit of excitement during supper. My dad's girlfriend noticed a turtle going through our backyard. I know that this is not much to get excited about, but when you have little ones this is BIG. They were so excited that we all ran outside to see the turtle (doesn't take much to excite us). Anyway, I have posted a picture of the turtle that caused so much excitement at Sun. dinner.





I started writing this Mon. night but was unable to upload pictures and it just wasn't the same without the pictures, so I am including today's post also. Sorry that everything is so out of order. O.k. today's (Tues.) swimming lesson was GREAT! Joseph went under water (with my help) several times, but he did it! Thank you God! Also, he went down the slide by himself, another fear was overcome by God. YEAH!!!! When he got through he said, "Mommy, I want to do that again." If that don't make your heart pound and put a smile on your face I don't know what will. I am so proud of him! I am also so very thankful to God for answering our prayers. Joseph did so much better in the water today, that it had to be God in there with him. Now we have to work on overcoming the fear of going under water by himself. But I know with God's help he can do it.





Morgan's progress today was also GREAT! She has accomplished a major feat; she has gone down the slide all by herself, YEAH!!! Today she listened very well and did exactly as she was told and when it came time to go down the slide, she did it! It was a funny but precious sight, she got to the top of the slide and I could see her mouth moving and I knew what she was doing. She was quoting scripture, praise God! She was quoting Psalm 23:4 (NLT) "I will not be afraid for you are close beside me". Thank you God it stuck in her head and your word helped her through this fear that she had. When I saw her come down I couldn't do anything but jump up and down, she did it; she tackled her fear head on with God's word. As she walked out the gate she said, "Mommy, I did it! And Jesus was with me." That deserves a great big THANK YOU, God. Not only did she overcome her fear, but she learned scripture that will carry her through anything in life, and she knows that God is always with her. She now has her faith to sustain her.






I know that my children are learning God's word, even when I think that they are not listening, just by watching and listening to them. I am so thankful that I do have God's word to stand on and I am so glad that I am able to help my children learn how loving and caring our Father can be. Yes, God does give us earthly mothers and fathers all of which can you let down from time to time, it's just human nature. But our heavenly Father will never let us down and we can always feel the safety of him being right there with us. I think that when we teach our children about their heavenly Father, I believe that we are showing them how much we care and love for them. And some how they can get it more than we adults can. They can feel His presence, His touch, and hear Him way better than I do most of the time. I let life get in the way and they don't. So not only do they learn from me but I can learn from them, about simplicity. Thank you God for all do even when we don't listen.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there. (NIV)

1 comment:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Yah, Morgan and Joseph!! So proud of you both!! Also, awesome turtle!!