Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Caught Up Week

Well, this week has been one of trying to get caught up with everything that was left undone for the 2 weeks that we had swimming lessons. By this I mean that the house had not gotten cleaned for 2 weeks, the laundry was done just enough to get by and the fridge had not been cleaned out in that time either. I now feel much better that all this stuff has gotten done and we now have a very clean house, the laundry needs to be tackled again ( I feel as though I could this every day and still not be caught up), and the fridge is now without anything that has something growing on it YEAH!!! It's amazing how you can feel so proud of your house, especially when it is clean. I love it!!!

Today while we were at church during worship, I was sitting there going through my bible for scripture that God has been giving to me lately; when my daughter came up to me and started to love and hug on me. I looked at her and her hair was a wreck! Her nice little headband that she had in was crooked on her head and her hair was no longer neat, but a mess. As I started to straighten her headband and fix her hair I felt that God was trying to tell me something. I stopped and just looked at her and felt God saying, even though you are not perfect and look a mess sometimes I love you just as much if not more than you love her. We all have this idea of what a christian is supposed to look like, you know, nice, neat, have it all together type of person; when in reality God doesn't care. He still loves us in the morning when our hair is all over our head, when we have been in the garden and stink to high heaven, he loves us when we look in the mirror and don't see anything beautiful; he sees nothing but beauty. God is a God of love, faithfulness, and of beauty. Yes, there are some bad times that we go through in life, but He has allowed this for some reason or purpose and sometimes we make the bad choice, but He is always there for us. He is always there with His arms wide open waiting for us to run into them so He can love us, the same way that we do our children. We must understand that no matter what we do or what we look like, He loves us. He is our Daddy, our Father, our Dad, our Pappa; call Him what you want but He's there, ALWAYS!

Ecc. 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of mean; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

1 comment:

Aprille Roberts said...

Really good post Jennifer! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
April :0)