Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cool dudes



These are my two cool cats. We went to get their hair cut today, which by the way they love to do. They actually race to Mrs. Sherry's chair to see who is going to get their hair cut first. This is such a blessing because I don't have fight with them. Anyway, this is what I saw in my rear view mirror as we were coming home. They had put on their sunglasses and carrying on their own conversation. I just had to get a picture of them; they look too cool. Everytime I look at them I see the awesome work of God in them. They are truly miracles beyond belief.

To give you some history behind them, my husband and I had been married 7 years and wanting to have children the whole time. We had prayed unceasing, little did we know that it just wasn't God's time. 7 1/2 years later (in God's time)we became pregnant with Morgan our first child. During my pregnancy I developed Preeclampsia (your blood pressure goes sky high and the baby stops growing among other things). She was taken 6wks early by emergency c-section due to her heart rate dropping when I had a contraction. She was very tiny, but God gave her a testimony. She needed no oxygen, her lungs were completely developed on their own, she just had to learn how to suck. She stayed in the NICU only 1 week. She is truly a precious miracle from God.

7 months later we were pregnant again, YEAH! The pregnancy was going fine until the 6th month, I started having early contractions. Man, I went to the hospital so many times that they knew who I was when I walked in the door. Finally, in the 8th month he was determined to come out, I developed HELLP syndrome, which is worse than Preeclampsia and is life threatening. So 4 weeks early here came Joseph also by emergency c-section. He was normal weight and didn't have to go to the NICU like his sister did. His lungs were developed due to steroids that were given when the early contractions started. But he was fine and God gave him a testimony of his own. So when I look at them I see miracles. I have often wondered how can anyone say that there is no God, just look around at all His wonderful creations.

I don't know exactly why I wrote all this, I guess there is someone who needed to hear that everything will be o.k. as long as you have faith. Believe in God in all that you do and you will never be alone and He will take care of you, I am proof and so are the two cool dudes above. "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." Isaiah 7:9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer you have done a great job in creating your blog. How do I subscribe to it in order to get an email telling me that something new has been added. I love the music. Your messages give me peace. Thank you.

L. Walker

JoAnna Goodman said...

Lovin' them new cuts and shades! You are right, Jennifer, they are both blessings from God!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and added to my favorites!