Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Morgan!!!



From this to


this in five years.

Well my oldest is five today and it is breaking my heart every year that she has a birthday, but I know that she has to grow up. She is a miracle from God. The story starts more than five years ago, when Michael and I got married and knew that we both wanted a family. It took 7 1/2 years for the dream of being parents to come true. After much prayer and finally laying everything at God's feet He blessed us with a pregnancy. We didn't care what sex the baby would be, all we cared was that we were going to be parents! We found out it was a girl and everything was going great until the 34th week of pregnancy. That is when I couldn't feel her move as much and I found out that my blood pressure was up. The doctors wanted to me to be on bed rest and come back the next day to check everything out. The next day my mom took me to doctor and they stated that I had Preeclampsia and wanted to take her right then, so here we go to the hospital. Once they induced my labor and the contractions started we hit another bump in the road; her heart rate started dropping every time I would have a contraction so the need for an emergency C-section came into play. She came out breathing on her own, needing no oxygen at all, and weighing all of 3 lbs. and 14 oz. She was perfect in every way. She needed to stay in the NICU for only one week, so that she could learn how to suck, everything else was going great. After bringing her home we had to account for every little bit that she ate and make sure that her body temp. stayed where it was supposed to. Now look at my baby (she will always be my baby no matter how big or old she gets), growing up and getting older. It's hard to believe that she is 5 today when it doesn't seem like it has been that long since we brought her home. I am so glad that God answered my prayers and made me a parent not once but twice. Thank you God for your wonderful miracles every day and thank you for giving me the opportunity to see them for myself.

1 Samuel 2:27-28 "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

1 comment:

JoAnna Goodman said...

First off, Happy Be-lated Birthday to Morgan! She is growing into such a beautiful young lady!! I know how proud you & Michael are of her. She has quite the little personality and I LOVE it!! (Wonder who she gets it from!)
Jennifer, you are such a good mom! God could not have place such a precious blessing in more special and deserving arms than yours!!
(Sorry so late in commenting)