Thursday, January 15, 2009

Catchin' Up

Sorry everyone for being so long on posting with the holidays plus our anniversary, it's hard to keep up in December. So here we go playing catch up. First we went with my husband's stepmom and dad to see the ICE exhibit which featured the Grinch. We all had a great time but the kids just loved it! Halfway through Joseph's hands got cold and he was ready to go. We had a big time in Nashville! They also did the Build-a-Bear thing. Joseph got a dinosaur so he was in his glory and Morgan got the bunny. They had so much fun.
Then the next weekend we had Michael's graduation. YEAH!!!! I am so proud of him, he now has a BS in Business Management. He has worked so hard for this. I had planned a surprise meal for him afterward and had the whole family over and some friends.





Then the next weekend happened to be our anniversary and we went to Gatlinburg. The first picture was the view from our condo the morning after we arrived. It was snowing as I took this picture. Beautiful wasn't it? Brian and Karen went with us and we had a great time together, but was such a long ride. Brian and Michael decided on the way out that they wanted to do the indoor skydiving. They had a great time and I think both of them loved it! Karen and I watched from the observation deck.

These are the gifts that I made for Morgan and Joseph's class at Preschool. They are Christmas tags that I made that the children could color and put on presents. I got the images from my clip art on the computer, printed different images and then cut, perforated the top and punched holes then tied ribbon to the top. I thought they turned out really nice.



The next thing is gifts that I made for various family members. The first picture is the money envelope that I made for my stepmother-in-law and father-in-law for their Christmas present. The next picture is gift card holders that I made for several members of our family. This was my first time trying either one of these and I think they turned out quite nice. I had some compliments on some of them and that always makes you feel so good about making them.

Now this is what I am most proud of this Christmas. I made this clipboard for my aunt who is a teacher, lives in Knoxville and went to school at UT and still is a big UT fan. Instead of using paper on this, I painted the clipboard then stamped it with Crayon Kids alphabet from
Stampin' Up, after that my husband took it outside and put the sealer on it, then I tied the ribbon on the top. I thought this turned out very Volish and I hope that she really likes it.
We didn't know what to do for our wonderful neighbor who is like part of the family, Ms. Cook. So Morgan came up with the idea to make her a shirt and put angels on it like they did in Preschool. So this is the shirt that we made for her. Take into consideration that it has been a long time since I made a shirt, but I think that she liked it. The angels are actually their handprints and the wings are their fingers.



Now, we celebrated Morgan's birthday Sat. since all the grandparents could be here. She had a Wall-E and Eve plus a Tinkerbell birthday party. The reason for both is that we could not find everything in Wall-E. So we had a Wall-E birthday cake and a Tinkerbell pinata. She didn't seem to mind the difference. All of her grandparents were in attendance except for Ging-Ging which we will have to celebrate with him later, plus a few of her friends. They had a blast and we had fun watching and listening to them; they are so funny.

1 comment:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Wow! What a catch up! Everything is awesome! I know how proud all of you that Michael graduated! Way to go Grad! So glad the kids got to see Grinch on ice! Also glad you and Michael had a great anniversary. All the craft items you made look fabulous!! And, last by not least, Happy Birthday to Miss Morgan!!