Thursday, October 2, 2008

Very Blessed



We've all the heard the old saying, "You can tell how blessed you are by the number of friends you have". That being said I have now realized just how blessed I truly am. Monday was my birthday and I thanked God for all that I have in my life; my husband, children, family, and friends. Last Friday night was a dream come true for me. I had my first girls night out and they all helped me to celebrate my birthday. We went to a movie and dinner afterward, which I had to wear a crown and a button that said it was my birthday. We had a ball! God is putting all sorts of women in my life and they are quickly becoming my friends. This is something which I have never had. I never trusted any female person that came into my life because of being hurt by them in school, now it seems that they are becoming something that I can't imagine my life without. I know that we all take things for granted from time to time, but maybe we all need to take time to tell our friends just how special they are to us. True friends are the ones that you can tell them that they are getting on your last nerve and they don't get mad. I have learned that when you allow God to work on you from the inside out it tends to make you a better person all the way around. I guess my mamaw was right when she always told me "pretty is as pretty does", she was definitely in touch with God on that one. I know that it is hard to open to things that have hurt you in the past, but God knows what they are and He can help you get over those hurts, it's just a matter of laying it at his feet. Give Him the bags and let Him tote them not you, you will realize what a weight has been lifted off you. I am so glad that I have my girlfriends (I've always wanted to say that) and I am so thankful of what they mean to me and that I allowed myself to be opened up and used by God. I have posted of picture of Friday night, keep in mind that it was taken with a cell phone and no I don't have the one made with the crown on my head. Thank you girls (you know who you all are) for coming into my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I related with all you said. I'm so happy God is doing a good work in you and your girlfrinds!
Pam

JoAnna Goodman said...

I am so glad you had an awesome night and a happy birthday!! If anybody deserves it, it is you!! Thank you for being one of bestest girlfriends!!!!