Friday, August 8, 2008

The Fair is Here!

Joseph and Brenlee
Joseph, Morgan, & Brenlee
Morgan & Brenlee
Catherine, Brenlee, Joseph, Morgan, & Caitlyn


Hello everyone,

Sorry that I have not posted in so long but we have been busy with our garden and with other things that I will explain later. Remember my post His bounty is good, well it has turned out to be GREAT! Thank you, God for bountiful blessings. We now have peas, green beans, okra, and pickles. Our corn will be ready soon and the okra and cucumbers are still coming. So here we go!

Last night we took the kids to the county fair and boy did they have a good time! Joseph wasn't going to ride anything until we met up with their cousin, Brenlee. Then Joseph changed his mind and wanted to ride what the girls were riding, I guess the macho thing starts early. They had a blast and so did we watching them. Their facial expressions on some of the rides was priceless. We stayed out late and Morgan still didn't want to come home and Brenlee didn't want to leave either, in fact the only one ready to go was Joseph. He was tired beyond belief, but didn't go to sleep on the way home like we thought. I guess he was too wound up. He and Morgan talked non-stop all the way home. Thank you, Lord for those little conversations that I get to hear.

Today I have been getting my house back together from having it sprayed for fleas from a dog that has wondered up and getting ready for a monthly crop as well as a mission team fund raising crop. We have actually had this dog for about a month but didn't notice any fleas until last weekend. We have been fighting this battle all week when we gave up and called the exterminator and they came out yesterday to spray inside and out, so maybe they are gone.

As for the crops, the monthly one pretty much takes care of itself. Thank you Lord for e-mail. But the fund raising crop for our foreign mission team at church is another story. If you ask anyone who is around me; I am tied up in knots until it is over, then I sleep for about a week. This one has been much harder, though. I am not having very good luck with my vendors this time. This has usually not been a problem but this time it is. I don't know if it is due to another crop going on the same day in another town or what. I know that everything will work out the way God wants it to; I just have to have faith and reassurance sometimes. What can I say, I am human. There is an excitement in the air throughout all of this and I can't wait to see what God is going to do next! Thank you God for Psalms, which helps get me up when I am down.
Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.









2 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Fabulous post and I love the pictures!!

All That Chit Chat said...

I just read the verse in your header and it blessed my soul. Thanks!