Friday, November 13, 2009

Life Lessons

Hello everyone,
If there is anyone still reading, I apologize for not having posted in so long. I have been in somewhat of a funk, since Michael lost his job. But I know that God is good and He is our provider. Just let me let you in on what God has done for us during this time. We have had so many blessings that I can't even count them and they have shown up in various ways. We have had people to give us checks out of the clear blue, we have been able to pay all of our bills without being late and even continuing to pay extra on Michael's truck (Dave Ramsey's snowball), we have been blessed by friends who have carried us out to eat, friends who have paid for me to have special little girly things done, and most of all our family has really pulled together throughout this whole thing. Some of our family paid for us to go on vacation, some bought us groceries, and some paid for the kids to do things that otherwise they wouldn't have gotten to do. I thank God for all that He has done through all of this. When I thought there would be no way that we were going to pay our bills that month, God would show up and show out! For those who wonder about God let me tell you, He is the only reason we have made it through all of this. He is the one who we leaned on, cried out to, and most of all learned from. God has taught us so much about finances while going through this time in our lives. I thank Him everyday, now when I get up whether it is cloudy and rainy or the sun is shining. I have drawn closer to him and our marriage has been made stronger due to this. I no longer have the fear of saying no we can't do this or that because we don't have the money, I now relish the fact that we don't really need this or that. I have realized how little we can live off of. I love the relationship that I have with my husband and my heavenly father now because both have been made stronger. Our family has been made stronger due to this. God has not only provided but lots of times over provided. You know there is a saying that goes; It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain; well I am dancing through this all the way to the feet of my Father. Thank you God for all that you have taught me and are still teaching me through all of this. God, you are so wonderful, gracious, and loving. I pray that every person that reads this will have a new understanding of who God is and what He wants to do in their lives. I pray that they too will start dancing in the rain, it can be lots of fun.


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: